Sunday, August 5, 2012

Landed a new job! Great! Now what to do with my hair?

So I will be starting a new job tomorrow and my first thought is "how will this company feel about my natural hair?" Let's face it natural hair may be consider "not professional" in some companies. Being that I am aware of this I wore a short, straight wig to my interview. I didn't want my chances of not landing a job be because of my hair not being approved. It's sad to say but we know it's all true.

So now that I have the position do I continue to wear my wigs or sport my natural hair? I'm leaning towards going in natural and letting my personality speak for me. This is who I am and I do feel I can be professional regardless of how this stuff grows out of my head. Natural Hair is PROFESSIONAL!! However the world is not quite accepting especially when it come to short nappy hair aka TWA lol

I'm going to be doing a twist out for the first day and photos will be posted of the day 1 hair/outfit. Stay tuned on the YouTube channel (YouTube.com/myratheinnivator1) for a professional with nappy hair video :)

-MTI

No comments:

Post a Comment